Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Woot Woot, Brig Man's ONE!

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Brigston,
Happy Birthday to YOU!!!

Can't believe our little mini David is ONE!  (Little late on the post, he turned in Feb. Oh well.) Pretty sure he grows at least an inch a week.  He's our little boy now, and we just love the stinker to death!  He's funny, sweet, cuddly, sooo happy, full of energy, and he's perfect for our family. 

Well, since all the familia lives ever so far away, we settled for a quiet party with the three of us.  We ate us some corndogs and tots (as you can see he was thoroughly excited for his dinner party with Dad and Mom), played with his new bday toys, went to the zoo where he shot every animal he could see (don't worry PETA, it was his pretend hand gun), and ate some Idaho [see license plate] truck and ice cream. 
  






BRIGSY'S ONE!!!

His Loves:  When Daddy comes home, trucks/cars, drinking water out of the hose, playing outside, trucks/cars, getting in any dirt he can find, playing with friends, trucks/cars, marshmallows, yogurt, trucks/cars, opening & shutting the garage, playing chase & peek a boo, trucks/cars, reading books, dipping fingers in anything, and trucks/cars.

His dislikes:  Anything with a slimy consistency (grapes, blueberries, kiwis), the vacuum, my food mixers, milk, not being able to be outside all day, naps, when mom plays the piano at church and leaves him (I get the biggest stink eye), cats, getting his hair washed, and being told no no.

Favorite words: Dada & Daddy, boo, uh oh, husat (what's that?), ca (car), KyKy, & broom broom

He's all boy, makes car noises 90% of his wakeful hours, will pee on the floor if you let him go diaperless for more than 10 seconds, he loves to eat, and he's got a big toothy grin that will melt you in a second.  He's still really tall and skinny minny.  How we love our sweet boy and can't wait for the fun this next year will bring.  Happy Birthday to our dream baby!  


**Oh, and just in case you were wondering, I can now answer the question that's been on everyone's mind for years and years now.  (You can thank me whenever. I do accept small gifts and monies.)  Yes, it's true.  Everything IS bigger in Texas.  We found rock solid proof at the zoo.  If you don't believe me, take a gander at this here duck.  You're welcome.

6 comments:

LD said...

Happy Happy Birthday to Brigster! I almost cried reading your previous post. You truly have a mother-heart, but I already knew that. You were always Zannah's second mommy and I'll always be grateful. You are a wonderful person, friend and mom!!

The Hansens said...

Happy Bday Brig! Can't believe how fast a year goes. That cake is SO CUTE! I love the Idaho license plate:) Love you guys!

Carlee said...

Happy birthday to a cute boy! :)

Kelly said...

he is the cutest little boy :)

Krista said...

I guess I should start out by saying Thanks. I always wondered if everything in Texas really was bigger. Now I know for sure! happy Birthday handsome boy and great job on the cake Mom!

Sterzers said...

Can't believe our babies are already 1!!! Time flies... I'm amazed at your cake decorating skills!!!! Looks like he was spoiled for his birthday. :) He completely deserves it- cute little man!