I just wanted to give an update on the hubs! He starts finals next week, after which he'll be HALFWAY DONE WITH DENTAL SCHOOL! YEEEEHAW! And hallelujah, he'll be done with most of the didactic junk he's been swamped with since he started (with the exception of his boards this summer). Can you tell I'm bitter at dental school for stealing away my David for the last two yrs? From here on out, he'll spend the majority of his time in clinic.
I can't say enough how proud I am of him and his hard work. He studies, studies, and studies some more, all the while taking care of our little family, doing his churchy duties, and being an awesome dad and husband. And this is all done on very little sleep more often than not! He is seriously amazing! I know the last two years have been super stressful (he has some gray hairs to prove it!), but he's still grinnin' and bearing it! This is the only pic I have of him "in action" right now. I'm sad he doesn't have his magnifying loops on, they really make him look so professional! He said this patient was amazing, and didn't move a muscle when he stuck him! Poor patient has a mouth FULL of metal! ;)
This last semester he got to officially start working on actual people. He's done cleanings, sealants, perio checks, and cavity fillings. There's a lot of students in his class who haven't done any fillings or operative procedures, and David's done multiples! He's been so lucky. He's got six patients right now, and there's also quite a few people we know that want to come in to have him work on them. It's so exciting! He does an awesome job, too! He's very gentle and thorough. (A little too thorough I found, as he found a cavity. BOOOO!)
They just built a big, brand new dental school and he gets to start at the new school the end of May. New everything, perhaps? Yes, please! I get to go tour this baby in June for the dedication. Can't wait!
![]() |
| OLD BUILDING from 1950s |
![]() |
| Brand Spankin' Newbie |
So anyways, here's to the next two years going by super fast! I love ya Dave, and couldn't be more proud of my man!


2 comments:
Yay!!! Hope fully that means you'll get to see lots more of him once the Boards are done with! BTW - I know you are a transplant to TX - it is "y'all" with an apostrophe. :)
Its so wonderful to have a hard working hubby. Kris just finished his last class TODAY for his MBA. I'm soo proud of him and of your David. What good men.
Post a Comment