Thursday, August 25, 2011

Party's Over!

Wow, I'm a bit behind in my "journal entries" for this summer.  Oh well, such is life.  I'm sitting here, depressed, as I type this because it puts it in writing that our summer's officially over, & David's back at school again.  I'm trying to decide if it was a good thing that we got him all to ourselves this summer.  I think it makes us miss him that much more after having him around 24/7 for 3 months.  We're back to the world of Dad leaving early/getting home late, seeing him for 30 mins while he eats dinner, & then again right before he goes to bed.  We miss him terribly, but love the weekends.  Brigston and I are back to our routine where our greatest excitement comes when Dad gets home and when we get packages from our family (Mom, you're seriously THE BEST!!!). 
Our summer was awesome, & it went way too fast.  We spent 6 wks up in Idaho with our familia, & it was lots of fun.
Our 3 weeks with the Dayton's:
Played BAREFOOT outside all the time
Brig went fishing for the first time (What can I say? The kid's got Dayton in him!)
Visited Great Grandma Dayton in the hospital
Found out we had a sweet new baby niece in Germany, Olivia Susanna was born to Marnie & Kevin. She is beautiful, just like her 2 sisters & mama!
Went to Shoshone Falls & the Twin Falls temple
Played glow-in-the-dark frisbee until 1am
Had 4th of July picnic, kicked some hiney at the bean bag game, got smoked in the golf challenge
Lit off awesome fireworks
Dorsey's came to see us & met Brigsy Poo ;) Man, how us Texans miss the Dorsey's!
Brigston got loved on by everyone! Auntie Ky & Aunt Jer came down every weekend to play. Thanks ladies.  And the Dayton grandkids get spoiled by Nana & Papa :)
Went to Bear Lake & had a great time at my uncle's cabin.  We laughed, ate way too much, swam everyday [Brig's 1st time swimming=huge success. Relaxed him so much he pooped & filled his ENTIRE swim diaper], saw a Pickville Playhouse play (say that 10 times fast), played lots of mini golf, had some wicked air hockey tourneys that produced some wicked injuries, & had ice cream & fresh raspberry shakes. There's never a dull moment when the Dayton's get together.  Love it!
It's always so hard to leave them...they treat us like celebs whenever we come home. Thanks, Dayters!

Our 3 weeks with the Sterzer's:
All Brig's aunts, uncles, & cousins got to meet him for the 1st time
Went to cute cousin Bridger's baby blessing & got to meet Great Grammie & Great Papa for the 1st time :)
Got a tour from Grammy Sue of the new I Center at BYUI (pretty amazing)
Went to Body World, which we absolutely LOVED
Celebrated Dave's b-day (Dave you were such a good sport)
Went country dancing...yes ladies & gentlemen, we still got the moves, baby!! :)
Tried incessantly to get the goats to faint
Went to a cabin in Island Park for the Sterzer reunion.  We again ate way too much, played lots & lots of games, watched movies, rode (and got bucked off) 4wheelers, played pool, saw a bear, fed the big fishies, & had fun watching the Hancock kiddos love on Brig.  They were so cute with their little cousins.  I loved it!  It was a fun weekend!
David pulled off his 10yr high school reunion. Don't know what possessed him to be Sr. Class Pres. Seriously. Don't know. Glad that one's over.
Went to Bear World with Carson & Tanner.
It was great to spend time with most of the fam on the Sterzer side & made for a crazy, fun house.
We came back to TX tired & sad we had to leave family yet again, but we were so glad we got to go.  Thanks for everything, Idahoans! Oh, how we love our beautiful Idaho, & it's fabulous summer weather!

We got a month here at home with David all to ourselves, & Brig & I loved it.  We lazed around, read lots of books, went swimming, went to some dental school BBQ's, went shopping, & played our hearts out with Brigston.  Can't believe our Brig man's 6 months old.  Where does the time go?  He's still very long & lean.  He was 28 in. @ his 6 mo appt (still in the 90th percentile), so he still has his mama's long legs.  He's such a fun baby!  He's sooo happy, & loves to play, talk, & giggle.  I think he'll be sitting on his own within the week.  He's super active, but still loves to snuggle.  It seems like he learns something new everyday, & he keeps us laughing.  When we got back from ID, he started taking 30 min naps again & has been waking up every 3 hrs at night.  I guess he's making up for not doing that as a newborn. That's been an adjustment since he used to sleep all night. (Any suggestions anyone?) But he's cuter than ever, & I love how we can love something so small so stinkin' much!  People are always in love with his eyes, often comment on what a great baby he is & how happy he is.  We're so grateful we get to be his parents!  So our party's over, but here's to a great summer, & to the start of another year of D-school for Dave.  OH, and a sweet, sweet woman from our ward at church gave us her old piano FOR FREE!  We finally have our 1st piano! I'm a happy girl, and we're loving having piano music finally fill our home.  

PS--Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the creepy crawlies here in H-town?  This week I had a flying earwig divebombing me in my house.  Not even kidding. Wish I was though.  Yeah.  I was traumatized.  Had no idea ALL of those little nasties can fly.  I can see it now....they're gonna make a movie called "Earwigs" just like the freaky old movie Birds. 

So I have a million pics I want to post, so I'll collage some of our favs from the summer.  Also, for the familia, here's the video I said I'd post from July.  Please ignore everything except for that cute lil giggle box!


Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa


7 comments:

jessica + clay said...

Oh my heck, Brigs is growing up! I love that laugh of his! I totally feel ya on not having much time with the hubs all day. Clay leaves at 6:00 and gets home around 8:00 just in time to eat and sleep. I'm so glad you guys got to spend all that time back home though :) About his naps...lucky you that he got out of the 1/2 hour slump for a while. Kort really hasn't. Have you read the book Good NIght, Sleep Tight? I've just barely started Kort on it (training him to put himself to sleep) and he's been doing that at nighttime and finally did it for his nap. When he has, he's been sleeping a lot more than 1/2 hour!!! Let me know how things go!

Krista said...

Wow I LOVE all the pictures. Your little Brigs is soo adorable and a good mix of you both. That is so funny that he slept through the night and just now started waking up. I hate to say this because it is SOOOO hard, but at 6 months we let Evelyn cry so she would sleep without eating(as per our pediatrician's advice) It took us a few days. I caved all too easily, but after about 4 days Evelyn slept through the night. Good luck and keep posting pictures of that little man. I sooo wish I could love on him in person.

Carlee said...

Oh what sweet little giggles! He's just a doll. Looks like you've had an awesome summer!

Anonymous said...

This was so fun! THanks for the pictures you sent - it means alot. Oh how we miss you all - expecially our Texas baby who is growing up all to fast. Thanks for the wonderful summer, memories we cherish! Talk to you soon, love Mom

LD said...

Oh goodness, I miss you!!! Brigston is the most handsome boy. He is absolutely perfect, as if you didn't already know :) Your trip was sooooo packed, thank you for fitting us in. Let's call and chat sooooooooon.

A move about earwigs would be my worst nightmare, I would never sleep again. You've gotta get outtta that town soon. I have yet to see a flying earwig in M-town, so maybe you should consider it!

Marnie said...

Cutest video ever...love all of the giggles. Can't wait to meet this handsome little man. Wish we could have joined you guys in Idaho. Love you!

Leisa Moulton said...

I totally understand the husband being gone so much...John leaves at 6 and gets home around 8 or later sometimes. It sounds like you guys had a blast back home, it's so nice to visit. I used the book Baby Wise and I've had Hannah sleeping through the night since 6 weeks and taking 2 naps about 1 1/2-2 hours long every day. It was a life saver. I hope you get him sleeping good soon. It's amazing what it will do for your sanity, I have such a hard time if Hannah doesn't sleep normal.