Tuesday, February 1, 2011

*Oh Boy!*

Well, we still haven't found a car yet.  You don't realize how much you rely on having two cars until you're scrambling trying to get each other to where you need to be (many times at 6 in the mornin), sharing the one. Kudos to everyone who does that!

David's having surgery on Friday.  Yes, that's right.  We found out 2 wks ago he needs surgery on his wrist to remove a ganglion cyst that's been hurting him/growing since Christmas.  Doc said it couldn't wait until spring break in March if he wants to be able to move his hand for school.  It needs done now.  Fabulous timing, eh?  Again, what luck we have! :)  Sooo glad it will be fixed so it won't hurt him anymore. 

My mom flies in on Saturday....YEEHAW! :)  Beyond excited for her to come and be here.  Nothing can make things feel like they'll really "Be okay" like a mom can!  She said she'd stay as long as we needed her.  I hope she packed her bags to stay here permanently...maybe I ought to give her the heads up? ;) 

Two weeks ago, when doc checked me I'd already started dialating and have been progressing ever since on my own.  Still battling with contractions whenever I'm up doing things, so I'm going crazy trying to "take it easy" and not put myself into labor.  We're crossing our fingers (and I, my legs, of course, and toes, and eyes, and everything else) that he doesn't try to come anytime sooner...especially not on Dave's surgery day (let me remind you we only have one car still), because we have the official date now!  I'm getting induced Feb 10, and we're so excited!  I've been eating like crazy to try to fatten him up because he was really small when they checked him a week ago, but this week he definitely grew (my bruised innards are proof), so it was an answer to prayers.  He's ready to go!

We can't wait for February 10th.  I walk in his little room or put things away we've bought for him and I just have to sit and cry.  We're so grateful for this sweet baby boy that's coming and so grateful we're going to be parents.  We're also really nervous, but so excited!  Pictures to come in the next post! :)

    
Our boy's going to share a birthday with this wonderful woman, Grammie Stokes!

9 comments:

Angela S said...

We'll be praying for ya'll Friday and Next Thursday, good luck!!!

LD said...

If you're gonna have something, a ganglion cyst is at least something cool sounding to have :) this week and next is going to fly by! I'm so excited for you two!

Sarah Miller said...

I can only imagine how excited you are for your precious baby boy! You have been such a trooper through this pregnancy and you look sooo stinkin cute too! Good luck with your hubby and his surgery. We'll be prayin for ya and we love you guys too. :) Wish we could be there to help out and support you more.

PS - And yes, mom's always make everything seem better. :)

Julie said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed you can make it to your induction day. If not though, at least through this weekend!!! I'm still hoping your little boy will be a week or more older than my little boys. They can be great playmates!

Krista said...

David good luck in sugergy...nice timing! We are praying for you both and can't wait to see little boy Sterz...oh and Kabree, sit on your #@$ and don't do anything until the 10th! :)

Sterzers said...

Can't wait!!!!!!! :)

Carissa said...

Wow, you busy girl. Sharing a care is TOUGH. I can't believe what happened to yours! It will be so nice to have your mom there though. Hopefully everything goes well with David's surgery and the new baby. So excited for you!

megs said...

Kabe! You're baby will be here tomorrow! I can't even imagine how excited you two are! You're so lucky to have your great mom there!!! Good luck!

lynette said...

thanks again for letting me come and hog your saturday afternoon. i send you an email when i've edited the photos!