Sometimes all you can do is laugh about things, because otherwise the only thing left to do is bawl your eyes out.
WHAT ARE THE ODDS: Our last week in ID, David got a phone call from the hotel we parked our car at before we flew out. They proceeded to explain they had bad news, that there was a "car burning" the day after Christmas, and our car had been damaged. That's all we were told, other than we'd have to deal with it when we got home. We got in at 2am last Friday to find this:
Yeah, we didn't get home until 4am. Apparently some kid's car caught fire while he was driving so he pulled into the hotel parking lot and the genius parked RIGHT NEXT TO OUR CAR. His car eventually blew up, and this was the result. Don't worry, the kid didn't have insurance like he said he did. His expired 3 days before the accident happened because he didn't pay his premium. So now we're stuck trying to sort out the mess with our insurance.
Our car issues come in spurts. Two months ago, we had to buy 2 new sets of tires for our cars, and replaced the wheel bearings on our Jimmy. We thought that'd get us through at least 6 months to a year 'til the next fix came about. HA! Guess we were wrong! And yes, our brand new tire on that rear wheel is toast...literally! Hahaha! We can't help but laugh, otherwise we'll cry. Seriously, what are the odds?
In other news, Baby Sterzer's coming a little earlier than we expected. Looks like I'll be induced either the 1st or 2nd week in February. Umm, can we say panic time? :) He'll be here before we know it! Can't wait! Here's to hopin' we can find a new car before he gets here.
5 comments:
Keep up the good spirits!! You being so strong inspires me that I can make it through my own challenges as well (sorry if that's super sappy!). Good luck with baby coming soon and we're super excited for ya!
You two! I don't even know what to say. Be of good cheer! :) Can't wait for baby to come!!!!
Ohh man what a bummer! I guess it could of been worse...but still thats not really want you need to deal with when your so close to havin baby cakes! I had Dane at 37 weeks and everthing went great. I hear ya about panic time though...good luck!!!
Oh my, you guys do have the oddest of luck. I'm so sorry! I don't have the greatest luck in the car department either :(
But yay for baby coming!!
I'll I can figure is that you have a lot of good luck coming your way!! ;) I can't wait for my cute little nephew to get here and am so glad its so close! Hang in there just a little bit longer!!
Post a Comment