I've been asked to update on my pregnancy, so consider this my update of sorts...
For anyone who's struggled with not being able to get pregnant, they would understand how emotionally straining it is to look at one pregnancy test after another and get your heart broken. I did it so many times that when I finally got TWO LINES I took 4 tests just to make sure I wasn't going crazy. I still have days where I wonder if I really am pregnant, and think I might be dreaming. Luckily, I have an internal dialogue that lets me knoooooow I'm definitely pregnant. It goes somethin' like this:
Do people really like food? Pretty sure if all the food in the world disappeared, I'd be ok with it. (WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?)
It's honestly pure torture for a person to hate food, but then need to eat all the time in order to not throw up.
I wonder if there's a record for how many times a person's gagged in a day. I just know I beat it!
I swear seafood never smelled horrific like this before! It should be outlawed.
Can a person really pee this many times in a day AND night?
For those who don't know, it's possible to throw up, even though you have nothing to throw up. Oh, and sneezing can make you throw up, too, I promise.
[In the middle of the night] Why am I not asleep...SLEEP body SLEEP!
I still wake up in the morning just sure that I swallowed a rock or mini basketball in the night.
To Dave: "I'm pretty sure my tummy's going to explode any minute now. Wait for it....wait for it..." To self: (I knew I shouldn't have swallowed that mini basketball last night)
I'm not getting emotional about the things I usually get emotional about, like a touching story or moment. But if I see a commercial where a teen gets to open THEIR 1ST CHECKING ACCT, it tears me right up! (don't judge me)
Will I ever like desserts or sweets again? :( (For reals this time, what is wrong with me?)
I swear these pants fit me just fine yesterday!
[Two weeks later...] Did I honestly used to fit into those pants before? There's no way!
OH. MY. GOSH. I fill up my bra now. (GASP, I know) Really, I do! This has never happened before!
How do people grocery shop? It's gotta be the most disgusting thing EVER.
My body's got it all wrong...my rear seems to be growing more than my belly.
Will I ever be able to cook again?
Dr. Oz says a normal person should "expel gas" 12-15 times/day. After the pregnancy, I should be allowed at least 20-25 times/day because I'm pretty sure it's at -5 for me right now :( Yeah. Painful.
Dear whoever said ginger and Preggie Pops get rid of morning sickness: They didn't. The end.
If you can't tell, I've been sick. At almost 21 wks now, I'm still not feeling great, and still throwing up. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones who gets to feel yucky for a long time and meds don't really work for me. I'm trying really hard to be positive and just be sooo grateful that we have a baby on the way. What a blessing! We're so grateful for good drs and modern medicine! And prayer works! We know Heavenly Father was in control, even though it was sooo hard to have patience and faith, we see now that I would've had to drop out of school because of the sickness, had our little one come in the last 2 years.
I do have things that I love about pregnancy: I am in LOVE with feeling this baby move. I've been feeling baby since I was 16 wks, and we're pretty sure it's hyperactive. It's constantly wiggling! Love it. Dave gets to feel it too, so we have fun giggling when we feel it :) I love that we feel so much love for somebody we haven't even met...I cry every time I think of our lit'l miracle! I love that my hair and nails grow a foot in a week. I love how my mom and dad take turns throughout the week calling to check on me, the baby, and daddy. Don't know what I'd do without "Nana and Papa's" calls! I love that David has been doing most of the cooking and dishes for the last 4 months and has never complained. Nor has he complained about my whining, or constantly askin' for massages. I'm a lucky girl! So, Baby Sterzer is set to arrive around Feb 26, 2011, and did I mention that IT'S A BOY?! We are sooo excited...beyond words! And yes I am growing. Slow, but sure. Maybe someday I won't be so weirded out about showing people picts of my belly. HA! Until then, just trust me when I say that he is definitely growing. :)
OH and for those of you who know Bryce and Courtnie, they're inducing Court today so we're hoping our new little niece will be here this afternoon! SO EXCITED!
18 comments:
Poor Kabree!! I'm so sorry that things are so rough for you. I really don't have any "quick fixes" for you. Just keep truckin right along and try to remember, "this too shall pass". So happy to hear that it's a boy and it's so fun feeling the baby move!! That was my favorite part. Good luck and we'll for you!
Thanks for the update. I've been wondering how things were going. Sorry to hear you've been so sick. Hopefully it will fade a bit so you can enjoy 2nd trimester a little more. Congrats on the boy!!
Yay for a new niece! Congrats to them too!!
Sorry your so sick...but I was told once that the sicker people have really healthy babies :) That's exciting it's a boy! Miracles do happen and there is a time to all things :) More than half way there and then you can enjoy food again for sure :)
Bummer about feeling like junk! I hope it gets better for you. I loved feeling the baby move, even when it got uncomfortable. There is nothing like seeing a foot kicking out the side of your stomach! Congratulations on making it over halfway!!!!
Shoot, that really stinks that you're still feeling dumpy :S I hope it goes away before your whole body starts aching! And a BOY!!!! YAY!!! Welcome to the club :) So happy for you guys!
Oh! I'm so happy your having a boy! That'll be so much fun! I was hoping Kels would have a girl, but now that your having a boy, I think I've changed my mind! That'd be awesome to have your two little kids be best friends! And you passed the HUMP week!!! You can only go down now! WAHOO!!
I am crying from laughing so hard right now:) you kill me. how true it all is though. It will all be worth it though trust me! and a BOY!!!! YAYA boys are the best!!! i need to call you...we'llcatch up! love ya
I'm so sorry! I can totally relate! With Jakobie I was sick the whole time :( and I've seen my share of the toilet bowl lately. I really do hope it gets better!
I'm so excited for you guys. Little boys are so much fun! You'll be great parents. I only wish we got to see you guys every once in a while. Maybe sometime the stars will align and we'll all be back in Idaho at the same time.
Yay! Kabree, I'm so excited for you! I had no idea you were expecting. Sorry you are sick. I giggled through your whole dialogue. I've been there too. :) Congratulations on your fun new journey!
That's definitely no fun on being sick! It takes all the joy out of being pregnant. You are so lucky to have a husband who gives massages so willingly!! My husband just gives me a look like "really? why do you need a massage?" I hope that the sickness passes for you. Mine stuck around until about the 6th month, but I didn't throw up more than once a day usually.
I am hoping and praying that week 22 will be a miracle with no sickness!?!? I already love this little nephew of mine, can't wait to see him and snuggle him! We pray for you daily!!!
I'm so in love with your fam! :) haha I CAN'T WAIT for my surrogate nephew to get here!! OH, did I mention that I'm adopting your son? No? Okay, well now you know. He'll be my little god-nephew....are those possible? haha love it! :)
Kabe!
What a lucky baby! I'm so sorry you've been so horribley sick! I saw your parents last week and they were just glowing with excitement! You will be such a great mom, you have a great example! I'm so excited for all the "Meadowbrook girls"! So many babies! Congrats again!
Man, I don't know what else to say, but that sucks! Yay for a boy! Hey at least your half way done! Hang in there and where is the belly/butt shot! ;)
Congrats! How exciting--not the sickness, of course--but the baby news is awesome. Yay!
Come back Come back wherever you are! We miss you and that baby in your belly. I will be praying you 5 times a day to get feeling better :)
CONGRATS! I know how it feels to struggle getting pregnant and to finally be pregnant and look at the test about 100X to make sure. I am so happy for you! If you have your little man on the 27th that is my B-day...February is a great month ;)
Post a Comment