So I'm going to give a replay of how January 19, 2010 went for David and me:
Called my parents. Dad answered. Scared Dad to death when I could barely talk. Because I was still bawling. He thought something was wrong, HA! Told him the news. There was a lot of laughing, a lot of crying, and a few more "Oh my goshes!" Hung up. Freaked out some more. Might have done a few olympic ice skating jumps across the living room. Called my sister. No answer. Called my aunt. Told her the news. Still crying at this point. Decided I better stop blabbing the news and let David do the telling. Compromised (with myself) about just telling my sister. And my brother. That's all. And my mom and lil bro who'd be getting home in an hour. And maybe my sis-in-law because my brother wasn't home. And maybe...nah, just kidding. Self control. Decided I better let Dave tell everyone else himself. Stopped calling people (after I got ahold of my sis 3 tries later, hehe). Finally got David to call me. Learned he couldn't call earlier because he was so excited he couldn't talk.
To make a really long story short, or maybe medium length, OK just longish, when David got home, there was mucho hugs, kisses, and happy tears. So what, you might ask, would make me behave so ridiculously? Well here's the big news! We're moving to Houston in July, because come August, David will officially be a Texas Longhorn
. (Excited face!) He got accepted into UTDB in Houston! So yes, we've had a perma-smile ever since. I'm sooo proud of my David. He's worked hard to get to where he's at, and he never gave up. It does my heart good to know that he's going to be able to do what he loves, for the rest of his life. The reason we moved to Amarillo was for David to work at getting into dental school, so our prayers have been answered. HE DID IT! So watch out Houston, and watch out world! Here comes Dr. Dave! He's got a long four year road ahead of him (I think I should be saying WE have a long 4 yr road ahead of us, haha), but I know he's going to accomplish great things. Congratulations to you, my David! I know Grammy is so proud of you! It's definitely been a better year already. Houston, here we come!
11 comments:
That is GLORIOUS and GREAT and AWESOME!!!! I'd totally be freaked out if you'd called me like that and I'd have freaked many people out doing the same thing. A few of us have talked at play group numerous times about who's here for "good" vs short timers. I don't know why but I just never thought about ya'll leaving though I knew it was the plan from the start. I'm sooooo happy for you though. Congratulations Dave!
Congratulations! Way to follow your dreams :)
Congrats!! I'm so happy for you and so glad you stuck with it. Congrats Dr. Dave!
Congratulations!! That is sooo exciting!!
OH YAY!!!!!!!!!
I am sooo happy for you guys! It is truly beyond exciting. But,I can't even think about July without being a little teary-eyed...I'll buck up by then :)
Congratulations! I'm excited for you guys.
YAYAYAYAY! Congratulations David! That is so awesome. Kabe I love you...we need to catch up! GO LONGHORNS!
Beck
Congrats Congrats!!
This is YOUR year you guys!! I was so thrilled to hear the news! I think I did a very awkward, not very coordinated olympic skating jump in my kitchen! (actually, pretty incredible that I didn't break anything!) We love you guys and are so proud of you Dave!!!
We are so excited for you guys and your next big adventure! I know we have said this a million times, but the hardest part of this process is getting in. You made it! Here's to the next four years of being a DENTAL STUDENT!! WHOO HOO!
Post a Comment