Her laugh. Gram had a great laugh! Dave was so good at making her laugh...loved it! Wow, she could cook! She always was cooking when we were over there--breakfast, lunch, & dinner. She insisted. And she ALWAYS had the best treats.Her pretty hair. I don't think her hair ever looked bad. The cards she'd send to us with "presents" at EVERY holiday, even if it was a little one. The little pictures she'd draw for us in the holiday cards she sent...turkeys, clovers, hearts, pumpkins, etc. The last one we got had turkeys on the envelope and in the card. :)


(Kabree 'Rose' Day'ton' Sterzer)
How she was always worrying about us. I always told her "not to worry" but I'm grateful that she loved us so much that she did always worry about us.Her being at every important thing that's happened in our lives. She never missed anything! My last 2 b-days in TX were the first ones IN MY LIFE that she hadn't been there to help me celebrate, and it was my fault! (b-days are big in my family!)
She took the entire family out when we'd get together. A fav was Papa Tom's in IF, or anywhere we wanted to go when we went to visit. She always got pizza with sliced tomatoes on it.I'd secretly catch her reading her scriptures or saying her prayers. What an example!Our weekly if not bi-weekly phone calls. She'd call us to see how school, work, dr appts, & church stuff was going. Or just to talk. I called her on my way home from the hospital often. I miss these calls A LOT. A lot. Her hugs, my Rosie O'Neal nickname, her stubborness, her pink lipstick, her garage sale finds.
She spoiled us...seriously, we were spoiled!She treated David like he was her grandson before we were even married. She told me before she died what a good man he is, that she loved him like he'd always been her grandson. :')
She helped raise me. She literally was like another mama to me.Mostly I'm gonna miss her. Our Grammy passed away on Christmas Eve. Needless to say, it was a hard Christmas! What a blessing we were able to be in Idaho with our family when it happened. Grammy was an amazing woman, and we feel so blessed to have had her as a part of our lives. She taught us so much, and we have TONS of wonderful memories to remember her by. We're going to miss her terribly, but we know that we'll see her again. Families are forever!

WE LOVE YOU GRAMMY JANE!!!
8 comments:
What a loving tribute!
I'm so sorry you lost someone so close to you. But like you said, one of the many blessings in this gospel is that our families are forever!! It's just a temporary (but still hard) seperation. Thank goodness too for the wonderful memories you have with her!
What a sweet tribute. She sounded like a wonderful person. I love the rock on pic. :) I hope I am the grandma who calls all her grandkids reguarly. It sounds like you were lucky to have her. I'm sorry about her passing, though.
So sweet. What a neat person.....I can't get over her drawings, I hope I am a cool Grandma like that someday!
Oh Kabree, I was so sad to hear about Grammy :( She was a great lady and I'm glad I knew her. The gospel makes everything all better right? Hugs!
I know exactly how you feel, Kabree. How sad that we both had to lose grandma's last year. But like you said, Families are Forever :)
This post made me smile! It's so great you have so many wonderful memories to cherish! She was an awesome lady and will surely be missed. Love you guys, thank heavens for eternity.
Isn't it great that we have the knowledge that families are forever. I am so sorry about your grandmother, but it sounds like you have a lot of great memories with her.
Post a Comment