Tuesday, September 8, 2009

In Loving Memory

August has been a hard month! Looking back now, I'm thankful for everything that came about. I really think it's made me evaluate where I'm at with life, and what I need to change to be better. I think when bad things happen, people have a tendency to think like this. But I guess I needed a jumpstart to do better.

It was hard to be away from David while I was in Idaho. He's my best friend! I missed him sooo much! But as I said in my last post, I don't think it was a coincidence that I was home in Idaho when we found out that 3 of our family members from there in Paul had passed away. Tender mercy! What a blessing that I was there and on break from school.
My uncle Ron, and my two cousins, Jed and Jordan, were tragically killed in a plane crash on August 7. What a huge blow to the Mingo family, and everyone who loved them! Of course, memories flooded in for all of us...memories of Uncle Ron teasing us and joking around and how he'd come watch me play b-ball in high school, of Jed telling about his adventures and how he loved flying, of Jordan when he stayed over at our house growing up, his sports records, his cute lit'l family. It really made me grateful for our families. Everyone really pulled together and you could feel the love pouring out to my sweet Aunt Regina, for Jordan's wife Shelley and their 3 kids ranging from 4 yrs to 4 months, and for all the Mingo girls. I can't imagine losing your husband and your 2 sons. I can't imagine losing your husband with 3 little kids at home. I can't imagine losing my dad and my only two brothers! I just can't even imagine, but I know that Heavenly Father must have something really important for them to do on the other side. What a blessing it is to know of the Plan of Salvation, to know that we will see them again!

None of us know what our mission is here on this earth, and we don't know when our time here will be done. I just hope that I can live in a way that I'll be prepared to go, no matter what. These three amazing men were prepared and ready, and I know they're doing amazing things on the other side of the veil. I feel very blessed to have known them, and to have been able to have them as a part of my life. My prayers continue to go out to all the Mingo's and their families. And I appreciate the prayers, love, and words of comfort to my family, too. So please go and give your husband or wife, your kids, your mom and dad, your brothers and sisters a huge hug and tell them you love them! When I finally saw David after all this came about I hugged him harder than I ever have! If you're reading this, then please know how much you also mean to me! If you'd like to get some inspiration, visit the blog that was created by Shelley's family during this whole ordeal. It starts from the very beginning when the men were still missing, to when their plane was found, to the funeral, up to now. Shelley has even written some posts that will bring you to tears...she's an inspiration! http://www.wherearethemingos.blogspot.com/ If anyone would like to make a donation on behalf of Shelley and her three kids, please go to that blog and scroll down til you find donation info on the right-hand column.

To Uncle Ron, Jed and Jordan: Thank you for inspiring me. Thank you for all the fun memories! Thank you for strengthening my testimony and helping all our families rally together. Thank you for helping me remember what's truly important in life. We love you and you will be greatly missed! God be with you til we meet again.

This picture speaks for itself

Shelley with her three sweet babies

My aunt with all her daughters

They were buried right by my grandpa's grave.

6 comments:

Carissa said...

Wow, Kabe, I didn't make the connection before that you were related to the Mingo's. I haven't known any of them personally, but have been truly touched an inspired as they have gone through this trial as well. What an incredible, faithful family! My thoughts and prayers are with them and you!

Angela S said...

Wow what a hard month! We'll be praying for their families.

Jaimee said...

It's amazing how much love and strength comes from family and friends when you go through a trial like that one. I love you!

Sterzers said...

It is true things like this really make you re-evaluate life! I visit the mingos blog frequently it is so inspiring. Miss you guys and good luck to Dave tomorrow can't wait to hear how it goes!

Amy said...

What an emotional rollercoaster, I hope and pray that you and your whole family (esp. the Mingo family) will find peace with this tragedy. You are such an inspiration Kabe! Love you!

Marnie said...

Kabree,
My thoughats are prayers are with you and the Mingo family. I'm a little behind on blogging with our move, etc. and am sorry that it has taken me this long to catch up. What an amazing outlook and faith they have had through this trial.