Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fun July

July was awesome for David and I! David's trip to Idaho, the 4th of July, David's birthday!! It was great. I finished my summer semester, thus ending my first year of the program. YEEHAW! I got 6 weeks off, and it was much needed. We were able to go camping in Colorado again with the Dorsey's and it was a blast. We did some hand fishing in the creek, hiked over to New Mexico, played some mean games of golf, got hooked on Arrested Development, searched for Water Dog Lake (never found it), and ate yummy yummy camp food. We feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends! Man we love camping! I feel so close to my Heavenly Father when I'm up in the mountains, breathing in the fresh air and taking in all the beautiful scenery. It was a great trip.

The weekend after we went camping, the Dayton's came to town! YAY! :) We were sooo excited to have company, even better that it was family. As always, the time flew by. But we loved having them there with us. I think we had a smoothie from Bahama Bucks almost everyday. We shopped, swam, got rained out of EVERYTHING, shot skeet and tried out Dave's new 22, sewed, went puddle jumping, and even went pig hunting. We ended the week going to David's work party at Wonderland, an amusement park here. I even convinced Ky to chop her hair off! It was a great week full of fun and laughs. As a last minute decision, I drove back home to Idaho with my familia because David was headed out to Cali for a work trip the next week. It was sooo great to be home! I'm pretty sure we canned over 50 quarts of green beans one day. It was awesome! I wish we could go home to Paul and Rigby more often to help out, that's for sure. 3 days before I was to fly back to Texas, we found out that my uncle and 2 of my cousins (his 2 sons) had been killed in a plane crash. It was such a blessing for me to be there with family while we all went through that terrible tragedy. It's definitely a comfort to be with the ones you love when something like that happens. HOWEVER, it about killed me to be away from David during all that. I missed him sooo much! I was able to stay another week and thankfully he was able to fly in for the funeral. Not gonna lie, it was really hard for us to go back home to Texas. But we're back and into the swing of things yet again. We can't wait for Christmas to come so we can go visit our family again.
As a side note, at the first of August, I found out I have hyperthyroidism. At first I was really annoyed, and thought yep! Just my luck! But I see now I was looking at it wrongly. I'm sooo glad they found the problem. I was in for a yearly checkup and they randomly found that my thyroid was really enlarged. What a blessing! Things could have gotten so much worse for me before we found the prob, so wow! Thank heavens for good doctors who really care about their patients! It explained a lot of things, and as of my lab work from this week, my medication is working.

2 comments:

LD said...

What a summer!!!! Through good and bad your faith never waivers!

Krista said...

Kabree,
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a terrible ordeal for anyone to go through. I hope that everyone has found peace through the gospel of Jesus Christ. Thanks for being such a great example of a faith and hope. Also, I love the slides...the Daytons are soo cute!:)