* We planted our garden. :) YAY!
* Had another tornado scare on a volleyball night. They were going to make us play still! There were torando sirens going off, it was raining like crazy, and the sky was green. NOT COOL!! They finally cancelled after we'd driven almost all the way there. I thought we were gonna be like Dorothy in Wizard of Oz and get swept away.
* We visited Dave's sis and her fam in Dallas one final time. They leave in like a week for Germany. We're gonna miss our fellow Texas familia, but we had a great time visiting with them.
* Went to Canton, Texas with the Parker's for our first ever 20 acre flea market. It was awesome! Got me some great flavored vinegar. (I know it sounds weird)
* We replanted our garden. :( Booo!
* David flew to Minnesota & Wisconsin for a work trip.
* Dave was in another golf scramble for work in Lubbock and his team won! Yeehaw! He got a $100 gift certificate to the country club where they played. It was great!
* We finally got a new camera. HALLELUJAH! (I'm singing that like the song)
* Finally went country dancing with some friends. All the people there were cute lit'l old couples. Gotta love it! :)
* We replanted our garden yet again. (yeah, this is getting frustrating. For some reason, our thumbs are brown instead of green this year.)
* My friend Lynsey and I finally launched our company, Duck Pickle Designs. There's a store here in Amarillo carrying our stuff, and a store in Montpelier, ID carrying it also. Needless to say, we've been sewing for hours and hours. But it's been so fun and we're proud of ourselves for how we're doing so far. I'll post picts of our stuff and put a link to our blog later. Yes I know, many of you are probably in shock to think that I sewed something that could be sold. Don't worry, I'm still in shock, too. Lynsey carries the team :)* David flew to Pennsylvania and New York for work. He's so lucky he gets to see all these new places! (Do I sound jealous? Hmmm. Ok. I admit it. I totally am!)
* Dave also got to fly home to Idaho from NY for his Stokes family reunion and was able to spend the 4th of July with his familia. He had a great time seeing all the fam, especially his grandparents! He spent a day with the Dayton's also, and they celebrated his birthday and my Grammy's. I'm so glad he got to go, but holy cow it was thee longest week EVER! I missed him terribly. I sat all by myself in the dark sometimes feeling sorry for myself, hahaha. He finally got home on his b-day, thank goodness!
* While Dave was gone, I got locked out and had to call a friend [bless her heart] to bring her ladder so I could climb through my window. EMBARRASSING. Also, somebody knocked on my door in the middle of the night one night...yeah FREAKY! I slept with a knife and screwdriver beside me that night.
* I finally was able to surprise Dave for his b-day. I made him think he was getting a new golf club, but actually got him a 22. My dad and brother helped me out and got it for him up in Idaho. My dad covered it with car mats, half of a bottle top, and duct tape, so it was wrapped up all nice and crazy to throw him off. It was priceless! Thanks guys! :) They skyped me so I could see him opening it. Again...priceless. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID! I LOVE YOU! This year I made him a golf ball cake with a little putting green. I love making cakes.
* I'm in my last week of school for the summer and then I get 5 weeks off. YAY! One year down, one more to go.
That's the wrap! Have I mentioned that I love summer? So happy summer to everyone! Hope you all are healthy, happy, and that you had a great Fourth of July. How blessed we are to live in this wonderful country.



8 comments:
Wow! Sounds like you are just busy bees! Glad you survived with David gone...I understand the boredom ;) Good luck with the next year of school!!!
What a busy girl you've been. I hate being home alone too. Bah! How fun you're started a business though! Did you have to do anything to setup? Or just do it? I've thought about doing something like that (not sewing though, more digital stuff) but didn't know what all the rules were. Congrats though, I bet its a ton of fun!
Your June sounds like it was definitely full. We too had to replant part of our garden. The kids planted their own sunflowers and somehow they got pulled out (think 2 year old :). So we replanted them and again they are dying. Luckily the rest of our sunflowers and our pumpkins are thriving. Hope your 5 weeks off is full of fun fun fun!!!
Um, I think you've done more this summer then we've done all year! Wow. Sounds busy and fun. I can't wait to see the things you are selling for you business. How do you have time for that!? Enjoy your break from school.
Whew that is a lot! We were so glad to see Dave for a few days but we sure missed you! Happy count down to being finished with school! You are almost there Yaho!
"Lynsey carries the team"?? What is up with that garbage!! You are too modest and much too nice. I'm sorry you have been the whole team the past couple weeks! I'm excited to get back and in the groove of things :) MISS YOU
Wow... busy, busy, busy! I missed you like crazy!!! Wish so bad you could have come too! I am so proud of your business! I saw the pictures, and I am impressed!! I wish you were closer so you could teach me some of the tricks of the trade! If this baby is a girl, do I get to special order things from you? I love you sis! Miss you tons!
Kabe, I love the new header on your blog..very cute. Who designed it for you? Duck Pickle...love it! Be sure and post your Etsy link cuz I can't wait to see your cute designs.
We missed you so much in Idaho! It was great to see David though. We took sister pictures and are going to have to photoshop you in cuz it just wasn't the same without you. Lots of Love!
Post a Comment