A little late, yes. But the last 2-3 weeks have been awesome, so of course I needa blog about it. They've been a blur, but definitely a blur I sneak back to all the time to soak in how fun they were. WARNING: Many pictures may be attached with this post! There. Consider yourselves warned.

So the 1st week of awesomeness included me feeling finally accepted at the hospital I'm at right now for clinicals. They've started joking with me/teasing me, and they let me do so much more now. After the 1st week I thought I'd hate it there. But now I'm sad I only have one more week. I really like the people I'm working with.
2nd qualifying week= Another year down! Yup, it's true, older and wiser (well, who knows on that last one). I admit I had my suspicions of this year's b-day being a sad one. [Explanation: this was the first b-day IN MY LIFE (yup 23 years) that my family hasn't been there to help me celebrate]

So naturally I knew Dave and I would miss them being there. Well I'm happy to announce that my suspicions proved to be pretty much wrong. I was just fine, thanks to the help of my amazing hubby and friends! Yes I missed my family tons, but it was ok! My friends took me out to lunch the day before to Olive Garden (my fav!) and it was such a fun "girls" outing. (love you ladies!) Then David let me open my presents from him @ midnight,...hehe! We woke up the next morning to a pounding on our door (which had me in panic as I wasn't decently dressed yet. It was my b-day...that's my excuse) to find this:

The Dorsey's had written all over our landing (I'd post picts of all the things they drew if I could...hilarious!) and they'd left yummy breakfast for us. It was sooo sweet and so fun! Thanks again Dorsey's! Well it rained the whole day, so that spoiled some of our plans for the day, but it still turned out wonderful!

I was spoiled royally, thank you Dave, mi familia, and friends! David made Halloween cookies with me, he made me my favorite dinner, and even made me my b-day cake! I love you Dave!

What a great birthday!
Now for the 3rd qualifier: Last weekend I got to drive (BLAAA) to Denver to meet Kylee and Falycia for a girls weekend. It was a much needed getaway and we had so much fun! What did we do, you might ask? We shopped, laughed, shopped, tried to figger out all the funny sculptures around Denver, shopped, got lost, shopped, ate waaay too much, shopped, laughed some more, shopped, visited my cousins and aunt (and their new baby--SO CUTE), and we went shopping. It went way too fast, but I was sooo glad I got to see my sis---I really miss her!
So there you have it! My 3 great weeks in October. It totally makes up for the sudden FREEZING weather here that came outta nowheres. So a big thanks to all of you who contributed to making the last 3 weeks amazing. I'm a happy girl!
9 comments:
Love the pics~ I'm so glad you had a nice B-day it's always hard when your away from family.I'm glad I got to be a part of it thanks
Glad you had such an awesome birthday!
Looks like you've had a fabulous October. What a neat idea your friends had to bring you guys breakfast. How sweet.
:) ... Looks like you've had a fabuous October. What a neat idea your friends had to bring you guys breakfast. How sweet!
I'm not sure what I did exactly... :) Sorry to leave the same post twice and to write a 3rd to apologize for it. haha. Glad to hear things are going so well for you down in Texas.
Happy Birthday Sweetie! Loser sister that I am...sorry to be so late in my b-day wishes! I'm glad that you had fun in Denver. Girls Weekends are so rejuvinating!
Ahhh Casa Bonita....the peptol-bismal colored, lunch tray serving, dark, diving place. Wish we could have experienced that one together! I had no idea Denver had so many sculptures. Selfishly, I'm so glad you're here celebrating your birthdays in Texas!
So glad you had such a great couple of weeks! You deserve them! I'm such a slacker, but I finally got your present in the mail today! Sorry it's late, but I hope you enjoy!
Hey! This is Jessica Kunz Halford. Remember me from the good ol basketball days? I came across your blog! I haven't seen ya forever! My blog is sjhalford.blogspot.com. I married Spencer. He was the one I was dating while we were in basketball. Crazy!
Post a Comment