David and I have now lived in Amarillo for six months...hard to believe it's already been that long. Contrary to what we expected, we really like it here, and things have fallen into place for us. We've realized that the Lord works in mysterious ways, even if means having us Idahoans move all the way to Texas to do His will. We've been so fortunate to make some amazing friends, and we've had wonderful missionary experiences already. It just keeps getting better and better. We realized how blessed we truly are, and we're so grateful for such loving family and friends who support us even when we're so far away.
David is now employed at Micro Dairy Logic, and he's much happier there than he was with his first job down here. He gets to work with various dairies everyday setting up special computer sorting systems and other stuff (he'd do a better explanation than me, haha!). The only drawback is that he usually comes home stinky and covered in cow poop! EWWW! He's enjoying working with the scouts in our ward, and he's been tying flies again.
I just finished my summer class (YAY) and will start classes for my nuclear medicine technology program on Aug. 25. I'm excited to start, and I'm eager to learn more about nuclear medicine. Who'd have thought that I'd actually be excited to go back to school! Oh dear, what's happened to me?! Haha! I've been busy crafting up a storm with my friend Lynsey. It's been a blast, and I'll miss long days of sewing when my classes start.
We're both on a co-ed city league volleyball team with some friends and it's a blast. I get so proud of David when he plays! He's done so good, even though he hasn't really played volleyball that much. I'm also playing in a women's league, and we still play basketball every week at the church with friends. We just can't keep away from sports! Life is great, and I'm anxious to see what a Texas fall is like down here, especially since there aren't really that many trees to change colors down here.
No comments:
Post a Comment