Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Beautiful Colorado

Last weekend we were able to go camping up in Colorado with our friends, the Dorsey's. They were so nice to invite us to come up to their grandparents' cabin with them, and it was a wonderful weekend! The cabin sat in a peaceful valley, and was surrounded by mountains. We love mountains and oh how we miss them! The weather was perfect, and we even got a rain storm one night that tried to put out the guys' foil dinner fire. We hiked one day to an awesome train bridge and got to cross the river in our bare feet to get there. It was great! Baby Zannah was so good. She even fell asleep in her carrier during the hike. We ate way too much great camp food and treats, and we played golf (the card game) tournaments at night with a lantern.
The Sterzer family will appreciate this: Lynsey got the first that I've ever seen -24 hand in golf. It was amazing!



Being able to be out in nature, seeing rainbows, the fog rising out of the mountains in the morning as the sun rose, hearing the river water run, eating food cooked on the fire, and just breathing the fresh air made me so aware of how beautiful and amazing God's creations really are. I'm so grateful for what we have, and grateful for the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the mountains. We're so lucky we can just hop in the car and drive where we want to any day of the week. Even though we didn't shower for 3 days, and we got to use the great outdoors as our restroom, it was a great trip, and I wish it could have lasted a week. Thank heavens for the Dorsey's! We feel like we've known them for years, and we're sooo glad we met them here in Amarillo. We think we were led to where we live so we could meet them and be in the same ward, to make our adjustment a little easier. It's nice to be around fellow Idahoans. :) Hooray for camping!!!!!

4 comments:

LD said...

Ditto sister, ditto! You guys are an answer to prayers! We love ya.

Amy said...

Kabe, I love those pictures! You guys are so darn cute, and the mountains are gorgeous! I'm so glad you found awesome friends! I'm just a tad jealous, I want you to live closer so we can hang out together!

Marnie said...

What a fun trip you guys! Colorado is beautiful...anywhere with mountains is beautiful. Help! I think I am getting tired of Texas...

Monette and Mark said...

Looks like you guys had a great time in Colorado. How fun to get to go on such a nice trip with friends.