Saturday, October 27, 2012

Idaho

I have so much catching up to do this is ridiculous.  Embarrassing really.  I'll try to do a recap on our summer, then work my way to the present. 

First and foremost, I'm so excited to record that my David passed his first set of dental boards in July!  I am so proud of him!  To say that he studied his REAR OFF is an understatement.  I'm pretty sure that Brigston and I forgot what he looked like some weeks.  He was always locked away studying, studying, studying.  But it paid off, and he passed!  We're getting closer...

The day after Dave took his boards, we were so lucky to be able to fly home to ID to visit our familia.  We got to spend time with both our families, and it was heavenly.  Well, heavenly up until poor Brigsy got the pukes and ended up sick the rest of the trip. :( Poor guy, it was horrible! 

We spent the first week in Rigby where David's entire family was home for the first time in like 10 years. It was so fun to meet cousins for the first time and just play. I hadn't seen Marnie and her family for about four years, so it was wonderful to spend time with them. Brig loved to feed the goats, helped dad mow the yard, played in the sandbox, and mauled the daylights out of Aunt Amy's innocent kitty. The second he woke up, he'd want to go straight to the toy box to find trucks to play with. He got sick towards the end of our Rigby visit and was pretty much miserable from then on out.
 














Next we got to spend the night with Aunt Jer and Auntie Ky in Idaho Falls. Poor Brig was a good sport, even though he felt crummy. We got to feed the ducks and geese along the river by the temple and Brig was actually pretty dern brave with the demon birds. He let'em eat out of his hands!  I think he ate half the bread himself, but who doesn't work up an appetite feeding birds, right? 




For the last week we headed to Paul.  My parents were so good about trying to keep Brig entertained and happy, even though he was still sick.  I never had to wonder where Brig was, as he was always outside somewhere with Nana or Papa. He got pushed in the toy car, helped Nana pick beans in the garden , played on the swing, went for walks, blew bubbles...he was in heaven!  We went camping up to Pomerelle which again was interesting with Brig and I not feeling the best, but it was fun and there's nothing like camping in beautiful Idaho! To round off the trip, we all went to Lagoon for a final hoorah.  We swam our hearts out, Brig took a nap poolside (how bout that) and he even rode his first rollercoaster, good ole Puff the Magic Dragon. 






We feel so lucky to have awesome family and it was a great trip, even if we were sick half the time.  Makes me homesick for them! :)  

No comments: