Ok, so my blogging skills are horrid and atrocious. There. I admit it again. It's gross. But I like to think I've been busy doing other great things. One main thing that's chasing a 21 lb, blue eyed, and absolutely adorable lil mess maker. So that makes it ok, right?
I'm going to try to play catch up. It may take two or three posts, it may take 10. Praying it's not the latter or it might take me five years to catch up on my catch up. (Does that even make sense?) Here goes!
Sooo, way back in the day of Oct 2011, I had yet another bday come and go. I always get homesick for my familia around that time because we always used to party hardy on my bday when I lived within a stone's throw of them. Not so much a stone's throw anymore. More like, well, TOO FAR. Anyhow, they still always try to help celebrate long distance and make it a good day (as did the hubs), but I was missin them.
Fast forward a few weeks to a Sunday night that Nov. I was dead alseep and dreaming when I heard some giggling. It took me a minute to place the giggles, because it didn't make sense that I was hearin my sissy and madre, in my room, in the Lonestar state, in the middle of the night. Welp. It was them. I opened my eyes to see 4 beautiful faces giggling at me. As I recall, the only thing I could say was, "What the heck are you doing here?" (Of course it was said with much love and elation) My parents, sis, and lil bro drove down for a surprise visit. And I was most definitely surprised. It was a FABULOUS week, and I admit, I have the best family ever. Seriously. Brigston loved all the attention and we had lots of tears when they had to head back. Brig would go from room to room, trying to find them after they left. It was so sad, but so cute! Best. Family. Ever.
1 comment:
That is so awesome to surprise you like that! Families are the best! ....even when we don't close by them, we understand that part as well. :) Glad to see that everyone is looking happy and doing good.
Post a Comment