Thursday, March 31, 2011

Still Learning...

Lessons learned in the last couple months: 
Man-sized baby toots, burps, snorts, and grunts are funny every stinkin' time.  At least, we sure think so! :)

Not being able to brush your teeth good for 8 months because it makes you gag is NOT a good thing.  Sugar bugs still find teeth when you don't eat much sugar.  (good thing David's going to be a dentist)

I hate lovenox shots more than hormone shots in the rear. And I really hated those.

I love the side-to-side and front-to-back baby swing. Thanks LB for the trial run with yours. In fact, if they had them in adult sizes, I'd buy two for myself.  And one for David.  And for birthday gifts.  I'd just switch out the mobile for a candy dispenser that can hold gummy bears. (again, good thing David's going to be a dentist) 

Binge eating on a bunch of sugar cookie dough and canned frosting is never a good idea after not eating very many sweets/sugar for the past 10 months.

The smell of formaldahyde from anatomy lab is really hard to wash out of Dave's scrubs.  Ewww! 

My name is Kabree and I'm a pickaholic. I'm obsessed with picking at Brigston.  Seriously.  I have a problem.  I get a rush from getting a big 'ole booger out, or a piece of dead skin.  Toe fuzz?  Delightful!  Eye sleepers?  Even better.

I got brave and went to the store for a prescription.  Brig was sleeping so I got bolder and picked up some groceries.  Got into the checkout line, had a lady in front and behind me.  I was just thinking to myself what a piece of cake this was when Brigston started crying.  I mean, he was sad.  And I was blocked in. Trapped.  He had a bubble, and I couldn't get him out of his seat and checkout at the same time.  I'm sure the looks I got weren't near as disapproving as I felt they were.  But my cheeks were hot, and I was about to start crying myself.  But I rocked his carseat like mad and he eventually fell back asleep (felt like it took a year).  Lesson learned:  NEVER get cocky.  That's when all heck breaks loose for a fragile minded new mom. 

I can't control everything happening inside my body, no matter how bad I want to!  Yep, found another blood clot in my pelvis the week was I supposed to be cleared to stop my lovenox shots. Boo. Have I mentioned how much I hate those?  Twice a day.  Three more months.  Yeah.  Pure hatred. 

I still cannot nap, even after an all-nighter with Brig.  Yes, craziness.  I need brain surgery to get rewired on that one!  Thank goodness Brig's usually an awesome sleeper at night. 

Even though I said I'd never be "one of those moms" who uses a pacifier, I've become one. (shameful look) Brig is "one of those babies" that wants to suck on anything, everything, and everyone when he's not eating.  So, to prevent him from constantly trying to eat David and me alive and to prevent future hickies, we've had to turn to the paci to satisfy his strong sucking desires. 

David gets to be the designated lawn mower from here on out while we're in Houston.  I love mowing the lawn, but after chopping up frogs, big spiders, and as of last week TWO SNAKES, David's the lucky one who gets the job.  I DO NOT do snakes.

I've decided that the best job I've ever had, and ever will have, is being Brigston's mom.  I get to wake up to this everyday.  Priceless. 


 
 Aunt Ky spoiled us and flew down for a visit this month. Oh how we miss her! We had a great time, went on walks, snuggled with Brig, even went to the Houston livestock show and rodeo.  Brigston loves his Auntie KyKy! Wishing she could stay down here forever, or come at least every other week. I better put my order in for that. Thanks so much for coming, Auntie!

11 comments:

Gallup Family said...

I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only picker :)
Brigston is so cute!
I'm sorry you have to have shots...that is no fun :(
Keep enjoying that baby!
Oh and I don't blame you for giving up on the lawn mowing! I would have been done after the frog incident!

Angela S said...

What a fun post! There was one Saturday mowing I chopped the back legs off a frog (hopped away) and ran over a baby rabbit. We tried to do that rubbing thing like on 101 dlamation to bring him back to life (no external wounds but internal trauma) but it didn't work. Then when we tossed him in a grave he moved and freaked us all out. He was dead but still...

Both my boys tried to use me as a human pacifier. Mercy I wasn't going to survive. With Jimmy I planned and brought a binky to the hospital and after 1 2hr nursing session pulled it out.

Bummer about the clot. We love you, miss you and pray for you!

Special K said...

Awwww... these pics melt Auntie KyKy's heart! He's growing SO much, and I'm missing it! :( Good thing we have Skype so I can (somewhat) see Brig in action! We need to use it more...
Brig is sure a lucky little guy...Kabe, you are the BEST Mama! A natural! Not to mention, an AMAZING wifey to David. Thanks for letting me come see your little family in action! I had a great time and wish I could come visit every other week as requested! You know I won't be able to stay away very long...we'll see what I can work out.
I sure love you three mucho!
LoVeS and KiSseS to you all...especially the Little Munchkin!
Auntie KyKy

jessica + clay said...

I pretty much agree with everything you've said :) HA HA I have an obsession with picking at Kort too! Ahh it's so bad! I couldn't nap either when he would because it really was the only time anything got done and the house wasn't a disaster. It's so good to hear how everything is going though!

Sarah Miller said...

Sounds like you're having fun and doing a super great job! And by the way...totally missing you guys! It's been like forever since we've seen you!

Turpin's said...

I seriously started laughing out loud reading your post! You crack me up, when you mentioned that you pick Brigstons boogers, I'm kinda the same way, you don't want to be known as the mom that has the kid with lots of boogers! So Brent has nick named me the Booger Police! Ha gotta love it. Trust me things get easier the more you go out, gotta do it in baby steps! Good luck and glad that things are going well!

Adam & Michelle Gooch said...

You are so cute! And i'm sure your just the greatest mom! He is just adorable! Sorry about another blood clot! Thats terrible! And I wouldn't mow the lawn either :S

Amy said...

He just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I am dying that I can't snuggle him right now! I just love him and can't wait to meet him!! Love you all!!!

Krista said...

One of the best parts about being a Mom is that you are ALWAYS learning. Just when you think you got it down...you don't! Brigston is SOO adorable and I wish could give him a big kiss. Hang in there with the shots. Hopefully this will be the last 3 months.

Leisa Moulton said...

I feel the same way about just about everything you said!! I totally pick at Hannah. Babies are just too perfect.

LD said...

What the hay! We have so much to catch up on! Brigston keeps getting cuter, as if that was possible.