1- Run a hilly 5K in a triathalon with friends (Dave's team took 5th...Niiiice!)
DONE!
2- Harvest a pea...the only pea...the only thing to harvest...from our garden
DONE!
3- Go find some hot air balloons just lying around A-town
DONE!
4- Make a b-day cake for Kabe without her help
DONE!
5- Be in a chocolate pie eating contest so you won't want to eat choc pie ever again (Kabe won)
DONE!
6- Visit the American Quarter Horse Museum
7- Cook our first whole turkey and have Thanksgiving dinner while being brave because we're all alone for Turkey Day for the first time ever (It was wonderful! We fat-dogged it for like 8 hrs after cuz we ate too much)
DONE!
8- Sight in Dave's rifle so he can go hunting
DONE!
9- Shoot a deer
Still workin' on this one
10- Shoot a turkey (how about 3 in one shot?)
DONE! DONE! DONE!

11- Get a sweet new niece, Hadley Sue (Amy had her! YAY! 4lbs 9 oz & doing awesome)
DONE!
12- Pack it up so we can go to Idaho for Christmas
Work in progress...
13- Wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!
DONE!
14- Realize how wonderfully blessed we are
DONE!
I (this is Kabe) love the holidays! I love the warmth that comes from celebrating the birth of our Savior, from spending time with family, from giving to others, from the beautiful lights, from the love everyone seems to have. I always get way emotional around Christmas time for some reason. I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure I tear up at least every other day, if not every! I'm a mess at church, when I talk to Dave about Christmas/life, and I even teared up when I saw a house last Sunday that was decorated with gorgeous lights. David and I saw the movie The Blind Side last week and I bawled thee whole movie! Forget staying dry while I'm visit teaching, or after talking on the phone to family. But the best part about this whole I-can't-control-my-emotions-during-the-holidays thing is that it's all for HAPPY emotion. I LOVE IT! It's embarrassing, but I love it. I hope everyone can take a bit to enjoy the wonderful feelings, reflection, and warmth that encompasses this time of the year. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL!!!!!!! Mucho Amore, and for some of you, we'll see you soon!
PS--Had a slight malfunction with my blog list, so if you're reading this and you don't see your name in my blog list, please let me know what you're blog address is again. I've blog stalked as many people as I could find off family's blogs, but I'm having a hard time finding everyone. THANKS!
5 comments:
Look at all you've accomplished....now I'm feeling lazy :) 'Tis the season to cry (so let 'er rip) and to catch people stealing license plates and breaking into your cars. I love this time of year because I can say 'Tis the season to EVERYthing!
Congrates on cooking your first whole turkey. Last year Daniel and I were alone, and we had so much fun cooking our turkey and making all the fixings.
Can I just say that you are so photogenic Kabe. Every picture is so darn cute! Great job on all you've accomplished. How the heck do you have time for all that?! I'm with LD. I feel lazy. Merry Christmas and if you come to Idaho Falls/Rigby during your Idaho trip call me.
Hey you two! This is Melanie--David's cousin. It is fun to find your blog. Looks like you are doing weel. I am so glad! You two make a very cute couple!! Merry Christmas!!
Dave your calves look like they are actually getting closer to normal size.
Justin
Post a Comment