Monday, April 13, 2009

Snow, Rain, Eggs, and Pure Happiness


Starting from the top. We had snow in Amarillo! It was like 3 weeks ago, but it was amazing! There was a blizzard all day and the whole city shut down.
It was hilarious! It woulda been just another day in Idaho, but here, it was shutdown time. The snow was gone the next day, but oh our Idaho roots came out while it lasted. Dave took us drift busting twice that day in the Jimmy. Oh it was great!

We finally got rain last weekend. We've really needed moisture, and we got a great rainstorm. Again, our Idaho roots came out.
Dave loves to go "puddle divin" in the car. We found a road that had was flooded over. The water was deep enough that it covered the curb so we couldn't see the curb. We put up a good rooster tail of H2O cruising that road...again, twice! Hehehe!

We got to dye Easter eggs this year with some professional egg dyers. Dave's friend Kaleb Snell from home was here visiting and we forced him to come with us. They had decorations to make the egg a bug. It was so cute! The pict shows my ladybug, Dave's mean bug, and Kaleb's green machine. Great fun.

Lastly the source of my pure happiness: I'M DONE WITH MY DOUBLE CLINICALS! I smile so big from saying it that my mouth hurts. HOORAH BABY! I finally have a bit of my life back. Phlebotomy is almost a done deal--clinicals and two finals down, one more final to go. David finally has a wife back. Pure happiness I tell ya, pure happiness!

8 comments:

Angela S said...

Congrats on finishing one of your clinicals! I thought of you when we were getting some stuff up at BSA today. Ty saw the water feature for the first time and decided that he wanted to take off his shoes and walk in the water b/c it was so awesome. Yeah, we talked about why that probably wasn't a good decision. I'm glad you guys are having a good time though!

LD said...

I'm so happy that you are done with double clinicals!! Yeehaawww!

Welcome to Newman's World said...

I'm happy to that we get our friend back lol You go girl!!! It looks like I need to learn how to make those eggs so cute. Love ya

Kelly said...

Congrats on your clinicals getting done! Now you can breath! Haha

Gallup Family said...

So Amarillo was enjoying some Idaho weather! It's been crazy here this week...70 on Monday, snow by Wednesday...go figure. I love the new design on your blog...very cute. Someone is going to have to teach me how to do that someday. The eggs are adorable!

Marnie said...

I can't believe your snow pictures! Oh my goodness. My kids don't even know what snow is...seriously. We love you guys!

Amy said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad you are done with Phlebo clinicals! Are you going to start working as a phlebotomist? Good luck! My kids love to call you aunt Kabe! You're a great aunt!

Leisa Moulton said...

Those eggs are adorable!! It's always fun to see how different locations react to snow!! Congrats on being done with at least some of your clinicals!