Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sad day at the Sterzer's

I'm depressed. Today is my last day of spring break. It feels like I dreamed my spring break. I can't believe it's already over, but I've LOVED having a week free of clinicals and school. We'd planned on going to Dallas to visit David's sis and her familia, but things didn't work out for us and we were unable to go. So other than a quick trip to Sweetwater, TX, we were home the whole week. I was busy, but busy with things I chose to do. And I actually saw David quite a bit, so oh baby I loved that!! I'll even admit it, I slept in, MORE THAN ONCE! HA! :) It was amazing.
The last month was a blur. I was a robot goin through the motions. School, clinicals, home for a few hours, more clinicals, volleyball, clinicals, sleepy time, school, clinicals, eat, clinicals, more volleyball, clinicals, etc. CRAZY!! I'm so glad I'll be done with my phlebotomy clinicals in 2 weeks. Poor David has had to suffer through the last month of getting a cooked dinner here and there from me and not having a wife home very often. (I used to cook him dinner every night when I was home and loved it!) So I'm sure he'll be glad when I'm done with phlebot as well. Here's a few high/low points for us last month:
*We hit the 1 year mark! We've officially been in Amarillo for a year. Craziness!
*The weather has been gorgeous! 70's, 80's GORGEOUS! I've had my sliding doors open.
*Between nuc med and phlebot, I was at clinicals 30-40 hrs a week. (poopy)
*David got our lit'l "garden" plowed up and ready for planting.
*I got food poisoning and was sick for a week. NO BUENO. I could only miss 1 day of clinicals, so I was miserable. Again, I say, NO BUENO!
*We got SNOW in Amarillo! It was hiney-flexing cold, but it was great to see some beautiful fluff falling.
*We trekked down to Sweetwater, TX for the famous Rattlesnake Roundup. I still can't believe I went. I hate snakes. Really hate them. But we went, and it was quite entertaining. They gather up truck loads of rattlers for population control, and have this big festival. They show the snakes, milk'em for venom, then butcher, skin them, and cook 'em up. It was insane (and stinky). Here's some picts for your enjoyment. And yes, a guy wrapped one around my shoulders. My armpits got soaked from nervous sweat in like 0.01 seconds.
*I'm in the primary now for church. Change is good, and I really do love kids.
*We're addicted to March Madness. It makes me laugh that we get so uptight and stressed out over our brackets. My family's doing a pool, so we're highly invested in the games. I hate that I'm doing horrible, but Dave's holding his own. :)
That's the wrap, other than spring break coming to a close (tear falling down my cheek). We hope March found everyone healthy and happy. Gotta love it when springtime is in the air!

8 comments:

Paysley said...

I totally feel your pain!!! My spring break was this week as well. I don't know how I am going to go back to school, tests, and clinicals!!!

Paysley said...

This is Jessica Kunz Halford. I was logged on to a different blog!

LD said...

I'm so sorry you spent most of your spring break helping me! You are the best and I hate your double clinical hours, I'm selfish and you need to stop being so darn busy!

jessica + clay said...

You are just too cute! Thanks so much for the birthday wish :) I don't know how I've done it either being away from Clay for 3 months! Luckily Kels is right above me so she keeps me sane and not a hermit. You're in primary? what class? I teach 7-8 girls which I'm beginning to love! ha ha It's different than High School that's for sure. And I don't know how you handled those snakes. I'm siding with Indiana Jones ;)

Falycia, Kelsie, and Karley said...

I'm not sure I know what you were talking about with my driving!!!I don't remember that! hahaha

Adam & Michelle Gooch said...

OH my gosh! Those snake pictures are insane! I could only look at like 3 of them because they gave me the creeps! Way to be brave enough to let one be on you! But other than that...you are one busy girl! So I'm glad you were able to get a week away from all of it!

Amy said...

Those are HUGE! I can't believe you've had a rattlesnake around your shoulders! EWWWW! You are a much braver person that I am! Sorry you have to go back to clinicals! Just think.... soon you'll be done and you'll be PAID to go!! Yipee!

Marnie said...

Rattlesnake Roundup?! Holy Smokes...only in Texas!