Where in the heck did the last month and a half go? WHOA! I thought having 5 weeks off from school would be so relaxing. Well, not real sure where they went, but I'm on my last 6 days of freedom. Relaxing...sort of some days. Busy...YES! But I loved every minute of it! I could write for weeks about the last 6, but I'll just give the short run-down instead. Hope the holidays were wonderful for all of you!
-Had an amazing Thanksgiving break with David's sis Marnie and her cute family
-Ate a DELICIOUS homecooked Thanksgiving dinner
-Went to Fossil Rim with the Parker's and saw some awesome safari-style animals (no we did not get eaten)
-Went shopping with Marnie at a trendy part of Dallas...good thing I didn't have money to spend. I really could have gotten myself into trouble :)
-Went to the Dorsey's ugly Christmas sweater party= yummy food, great friends, lots of laughs (has anyone seen that picture of Marcus lately?)
-Got 2 migraines the week of finals
-Passed all my finals and got good grades :D YAY!
-Spent an entire week finishing Christmas projects with Lynsey and Zannah
-Took a road trip with Lynsey and Zannah to head for Idaho (I don't care how excited I was to go home to Idaho, I REALLY missed David!)
-Got a migraine while trying to drive straight thru. :(
-Made it to Idaho and surprised my grandma, aunt, and sister with my coming
-Spent the week before Christmas with my familia in good 'ole Paul. There's definitely NO PLACE LIKE HOME! Mom and Dad made the house absolutely beautiful.
-Got another migraine the day before David flew in. (notice a pattern?? NOT FUN)
-Got to see Becky's baby Tyson for the 1st time.
-DAVID MADE IT TO IDAHO! YEE-HAW! (Thanks Dorsey's)
-Christmas with the Dayton's was a very memorable one with ALL the family together...nothing like a Dayton family get-together!
-Went to a Jazz game with the entire family and saw them whip the Mavs. It was great fun!
-Made it to Rigby! We got to see Dave's bro Jared who was home from Massachusetts and we hadn't seen him in a year. :) YAY! It was great to see all the fam!
-Got to play with our cute nephews and did lots and lots of gaming.
-Sang at church in Rigby. (yeah I know. David and I don't sing. Good thing the rest of the Sterzer's have great voices!)
-Got to go with Kylee as she went through the temple for the 1st time :) What a wonderful day!
-Got to see Krista's baby Evie for the 1st time.
-Had a yummy New Year's Eve dinner
-Played the traditional farming game late into the night with the Dayton's (Dave won)(Again)
-Watched both of my grandma's play the Wii. It was hysterical!
-Went paintballing in Paul in the snow
-Got our camera stolen while we were paintballing in the snow :( It was a terrible way to end our vacation. I'm still crying, and yes, we lost all our picts from the last 2 months so please don't ask. Seriously, who gets their camera stolen in Paul, ID? Oh wait, that would be someone who has a tendency to have bad luck. Oh wait, thas David and me! Gotta love it.
-Brought Kylee along on our road trip back to Texas. Terrible roads= Got home @ 5:30 AM.
-My little brother Barrett got set apart as a missionary and he started his 2 year service mission this week...again, what a wonderful time/blessing for our family! We're so proud of him!
-How we spent last week: shopped, ate & ate, watched every season of "The Office", went to the Lubbock temple, ate some Texas BBQ, watched "Australia", got recertified in CPR, made taffy, made cards, made a triple batch of pumpkin seeds, attempted to make onesies, went to happy hour at Sonic, and we've drank hot cocoa from our new Cocomotion EVERY DAY since we've been home.
Yes, that still seemed like it took weeks for me to give the run-down, but there you have it. The play-by-play of the Sterzer's great adventures in TX and ID. My break is officially almost over. My sis goes home this weekend, and it's back to the books I go. Time definitely marches on! We have so much to be thankful for. We're especially grateful for all of our wonderful family and for our Saviour, Jesus Christ! What a special time to be able to celebrate His birth, the true reason for the season. I hope all of you had a great holiday season as well. LIFE IS GOOD! :) Happy 2009!
8 comments:
Sounds like you've made the best of your time off. We were in Paul for Christmas too. We drove past your parent's place and I saw Texas license plates. You must have been in Rigby that Sunday though. We didn't get to see you. I'm so sorry about your camera. What a MAJOR bummer. I didn't hear that Barrett got his call (is he really old enough to go?...) Where is he headed? Well enjoy the rest of your time off. Glad your holidays were so enjoyable.
Thanks for the update on your life :) You guys do so much fun stuff I love to hear about it. Having 4 kids, especially one a bit sick, keeps you pretty grounded. So I enjoy living vicariously through you and Dave :) Good luck this semester!
Someone stole your camera? Come on guys, when is the luck going to change!?!?! :) Love you guys
Geeze!!! You sure had a fun filled Christmas! Thats awesome with all the fun stuff that went on in your family...your sister going through the temple...your brother's mission, how exciting! And sorry about your camera--I would be so upset as well! And thats hillarious about your grandma's playing Wii--never met them..but just picturing grandma's playing...is really funny.
Holy Cow--that is a list! I'm impressed you could remember everything!
It is sad the holidays are over and your break is over! Good times always go by too fast.
You are very persuasive, if you had been in AZ, I may have changed my mind.
What an impressive rundown of your vacation! It sounds wonderful... except that your camera got stolen! What the.... Wow, I thought luck was changing! If you want me to email you some of the pics we took, just let me know! So glad to hear you had a great time and made it home safe! love you!
I can't believe someone stole your camera. I'm so sorry...but I am so glad Evie and I got to see you. Good luck with everything as we start this new year.
Wow, quite the rundown. I"m still playing catch up on my blog too. We loved having your guys for Thanksgiving. It went by way too fast! It was so great to see you guys.
So sad about your camera! I will get you pictures from your visit here and Fossil Rim.
I'm glad that you were able to go back to Idaho for the holidays. Sounds like you had an awesome trip!
Post a Comment