Just for a quick update on Courtnie, as per request:
After running some tests, they figured out that Courtnie has a syndrome where her body thinks she has a blood clot or a tumor in her head, but she doesn't really. So the good news is that she doesn't really have a blood clot, like they thought. But the bad news that her body still reacts like she has one, so she still has the symptoms of having one. She's got fluid on her brain/spinal cord which I believe is causing the pressure behind her eyes, thus the double vision, headache, and hemorrhaging. It has some nasty side effects that go with it, but they started her on some new meds to start treating it, which she'll always hafta be on. :( She's pretty miserable still, but she's having a spinal tap done tomorrow to relieve the pressure to help her headache and they're hoping to go home tomorrow. It's a bitter/sweet thing, as she'll most likely hafta deal with this the rest of her life. But thank goodness for good Dr's and for wonderful family and friends like all of you who've kept her and Bryce in your prayers. What a freak thing, but I guess that goes to show that you just never know what you're going to be faced with tomorrow. Thank goodness Court's such a strong girl...I don't know if I could handle all she's been going through for the past 2 weeks and will continue to deal with! I love that girl!!
5 comments:
Kabree, it sounds like she has a pseudo tumor. My mom had one and one of my good friends had one as well. Both of them have recovered and the symptoms eventually disappeared. I hope that happens with Courtnie. Our prayers are still with her.
Thanks Chastity! I pray it'll happen that way for her... I don't think I could live without tasting, moving my neck, or seeing normal. The headache alone would do me in!
Kabree I am so sorry to hear this but I am happy to hear that she will be okay. Your right you never know what well come our way she will be in my prayers! And I wish her well in this time of need.
Wow, I'm so glad to hear the Courtnie is going to be ok. Scary stuff!
Never heard of such a thing. Weird! Prayers, prayers, prayers.
Post a Comment