Well, time to finish playing catch-up. I honestly feel like I've had no control over the last five months of my life, and I'm gonna tell my life story of why. I definitely have changed, grown (in more ways than one haha), and realized some valuable lessons of which I'll be forever grateful.
PART 1
So at the beginning of this past year, right as our lil Brigston was turning one, I went to this womens fireside at my church. I remember sitting there, enjoying the night, and I saw a woman get up with a baby who was fussy. I got this overwhelming feeling that I needed a sweet baby to hold in my arms. Well I almost peed my pants. Remember, Brig's just turning one. David's still in school. We have no family anywhere near us. I laughed to myself and thought, Brigsy's my sweet baby, I'll hold him in my arms. WHAM! The thought came again, a baby baby needed to be in my arms. I shrugged it off, kept it to myself. Super long story a little shorter, over the next month or so, I continued having these thoughts. I continued to almost pee my pants, and I didn't say a word to David.
A month later, David tells me he's gotten this feeling that we need to have another baby. I almost peed myself. I kept quiet for a few minutes, then confessed I'd had the same feelings...for a month. We waited a long time for Brig. We had to have help. It was expensive! We knew we couldn't do that again with David being in school. We decided that if a baby was so desperately needed in our family, Heavenly Father would help make it happen. Over the next couple months, it was pretty apparent that the same troubles I'd had before were still present. But, we had the faith! If it needed to happen, it'd happen. We were doing everything in our power (we thought), to make it happen. Nothing happened.
For our 6th anniversary, we were able to go to the Houston temple to do sealings. It was a sweet experience! I remember looking over at David at some point, and he was looking right at me, struggling with his emotions. I gave him a questioning look, and he whispered that a baby girl was waiting to join our eternal family. I felt at peace, got the chills, and of course started crying myself. I knew he was right, I felt it!
Shortly after, an Ensign article came out about a woman who struggled with infertility. I was reading it and she was talking about how they had done everything in their power to get pregnant (At this point I'm thinking, I KNOW!! I feel ya sister, I'm in the same boat here! If it can happen to her, it can happen to me) which included going to doctors for help. I almost peed my pants. I hadn't thought that getting a doctor's help was doing everything in my power. Then I cried. I knew Heavenly Father was trying to send me a message again. I told Dave, and we decided to call our doc. I figured it would start the long process all over again, and I was dreading it. I called, got an appointment within two weeks, and to my surprise, my dr started treatment that day. Again, I almost peed myself (this is getting embarrassing). A month and a half later, we were pregnant! I almost pooped my pants this time...that's when I decided it wouldn't be so bad to invest in some Depends.

7 comments:
I am SO happy for you guys! You guys will be amazing parents to this little girl! Along with your little guy:) but it's amazing how The Lord will help and lead ya when the time is right! I can't wait to see how everything goes!
That's so exciting. Congrats you two!
Haha that is great! Has it been easier feeling the promptings of the Spirit telling you to do things? I know for me it was easier the second time around.I knew there was a baby that needed to come. Which meant I knew the Lord would help me survive. I knew even though emotionally the pregnancy was worse that I was being helped and that made things a lot better. I can't wait to hear more.
Oh yay!! Congrats!!
hahaha- hopefully your past needing depends until after labor and delivery!!! We can't wait for this new little girl to get here!! :)
You will be so happy to have this written down! I am so happy for you guys! And I hope depends are not in your near future :)
Don't be ashamed of needing depends. Happens to the best of us ;)! Soooo happy for you guys! can't wait to meet baby Sterzer #2
Post a Comment